Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Help is Needed

I know it’s been a while since my last writing, but my internet has been down until now. Donations on this blog pays my internet service, so if you don’t hear from me for a while, then I am down. Hopefully you will find this information on my blog useful and will donate to save it. Only $5. a donation by way of Paypal is needed. I am hoping to put out a calendar planner with more gardening and saving tips before the end of the year. If that sounds interesting to you, leave a comment on my blog. I would like to get a reading on how many of my readers out there will be interested. It’s all set up and ready to go to press as a spiral bound 60 pager, size 5 x 7 to fit neatly in anyone’s carrying bag. I hope to sell them at a reasonable price, but still haven’t decided if $15. which includes postage in the US territory, will be too much or not. Again, I am trying to squeeze the money pouch for spare change to afford the printing. I plan to advertise on Facebook and Amazon. It will be top quality of course. If it goes well, by next year I may offer my services for custom family photo, calendar planners as well. Feel free to leave me a comment about this and any subject you are interested in as it relates to gardening, ways to save, bartering experiences you may have had and Depression era or the, what I call for people out there like me, ‘the new era Depression’ experiences.

Back to my garden...
For some reason, even though tomatoes are out of season in my area of the state of Florida, I have more tomatoes than leaves on my plants. Also what surprises me is the amount of okra and squash. Hate to say, my kale and collards are true to form in the month of September and are not gaining any growth at all. I finished fertilizing the citrus trees and pruning back the sour root stock. I am the lone caretaker of the grove and it takes me a while to get through it all, only 3 acres worth. But, this is not my workload. This is playtime. My workload is on the computer. I am a graphic designer by trade and have completed my second catalog for a major bus parts company, a national seminar brochure and various logos for different businesses who need my help. This is the work that pays my electric bill, rent and provides the food I don’t grow, on the table. Please donate and keep this blog alive and if interested in a 2010 calendar with more tidbits of living off the land, please leave a comment. Thank you.

No comments: